Mendrygal Law, PLLC advises clients on a broad range of structural, operating, and taxation matters, including:
- Providing ongoing guidance regarding the operation, management, and taxation of tax-exempt organizations, including maintaining and reinstating federal and state tax exemptions.
- Addressing corporate and internal governance, fundraising issues, grant-making and distributions, and general business and liability concerns.
- Advising on sophisticated tax and business issues such self-dealing, foundation excise taxes and prohibited transactions, intermediate sanctions, international activities, establishment of nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries and affiliates, acquisitions and mergers, reorganization, investment funds, unrelated business taxable income or UBTI.
- Establishing endowment funds and foundations, and counseling regarding donor intent, UPMIFA, and spending and investment policies.
- Forming tax-exempt organizations, including obtaining and federal and state tax exemptions.
- Providing ongoing guidance to officers, directors, and trustees regarding their roles and fiduciary duties, and potential conflicts of interest.
- Assisting high net worth clients with the formation of private and family foundations and donor advised funds, with a particular focus on long-term charitable goals and intra-family governance issues.