Amy’s practice focuses on representing nonprofit and tax exempt organizations, including forming tax-exempt organizations, preparing organizational documents and policies, preparing applications for federal and state tax exemptions, and advising on issues regarding the operation, management, and taxation of tax-exempt organizations. Her practice also includes addressing sophisticated tax issues.
Amy is involved in her local community through her volunteer work, with a particular focus on serving children and teens in the foster care system. Prior to attending law school, Amy was an elementary school teacher with the Garland Independent School District.
- J.D., with highest honors, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2011
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, 2004
- Mendrygal Law, PLLC (2016-Present)
- Baker Botts LLP, Houston (2012-2014)
- Haynes and Boone, LLP, Dallas (2011-2012)
- Love Fosters Hope, Volunteer
- Woodsedge Community Church, Member and Volunteer