Rabecca brings nearly 20 years of experience to Mendrygal Law. For the past 15 years, Rabecca has worked exclusively for tax exempt organizations, and most recently served as General Counsel and Vice President at Emancipet. She brings a unique perspective to her role, having started her career as a litigator.
While working as in-house counsel for organizations such as the Ed-Fi Alliance and the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Rabecca advised on compliance issues for 501(c)(3) organizations, mission-investing transactions, and international grantmaking. She has extensive experience in advising private foundations on program related investments. She has drafted, negotiated, and reviewed thousands of agreements throughout her career.
Licensed to practice law in both Texas and California, Rabecca is based in Austin.
Rabecca received her undergraduate degree from The University of Memphis and attended Columbia University, where she received her law degree. When not working, Rabecca serves as a board member for I Live Here I Give Here.
- E.M.B.A., Quantic School of Business and Technology 2020
- J.D., Columbia Law School 2003
- M.A., Sociology, University of Memphis 1997
- B.A., magna cum laude, Sociology, University of Memphis 1995
- Attorney, Mendrygal Law, PLLC (2022-present)
- Emancipet (2019-2022)
- Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (2012-2019)
- Ed-Fi Alliance (2012-2019)
- Michelson Found Animals Foundation (2008-2012)
- Haynes and Boone (2003-2008)
- Board Member, I Live Here I Give Here, 2019-2022
- Board Member, Foster Village, 2018-2020
- Art Bra Model Fundraiser, Breast Cancer Resource Center, 2018
- Family Engagement Volunteer, CASA of Travis County, 2018-2020
- Adoptive Parent of the Year, Texas Alliance for Child and Family Services, 2017
- Member, Leadership Austin Essential class, 2017-2018
- Campus Advisory Committee member and UpClose graduate, Austin Independent School District, 2014-2022
- Foster Youth Mentor, Partnerships for Children, 2014-2015
- Member, Austin Bar Assoc. Leadership Academy, 2013-2014
- “Complex Program Related Investment Issues,” 40th Annual Nonprofit Organizations Institute, 2023 (co-presenter)
- “Unlocking the IRS Form 990-PF and Private Foundations,” NAAG/NASCO Annual Charities Conference, 2022 (co-presenter)
- “Social Philanthropy and Program Related Investments,” Gulf Coast Area TEGE (Tax Exempt/Government Entities) Council Conference, 2019 (co-presenter)
- “International Grantmaking,” State Bar of Texas Annual Governance of Nonprofit Organizations Conference, 2013 (co-presenter)