Kelly’s practice focuses on representing nonprofit and tax exempt organizations, including forming tax-exempt organizations, preparing organizational documents and policies, preparing applications for federal and state tax exemptions, and advising on issues regarding the operation, management, and taxation of tax-exempt organizations. Her practice also includes addressing sophisticated tax issues.
Kelly also has experience in a broad range of civil practice, from complex commercial transactions to pro-bono family law. Kelly began her legal career at a top-rated international law firm, first in the real estate and bankruptcy practice groups, and later transitioning her practice to include complex commercial litigation.
Kelly has represented nonprofit pro bono clients in matters related to corporate governance, grant writing, and veteran disability appeals. She has volunteered as an advisor to her spouse’s military units, assisting family members of Marines with navigating military life.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Kelly worked in national campaign finance in Washington, D.C.
- J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law, 2008
- B.A., cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 2001
- Attorney, Mendrygal Law, PLLC (2022-present)
- Attorney, Bohne Law (2016-2020)
- Associate, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP (2008-2012)
- St. Mary Star of the Sea, Advisory Council Member; 2018-2020
- Combat Logistics Regiment 3, Family Readiness Advisor; 2020-2022
- Military Spouse JD Network, Board Member; 2023