Amy’s practice focuses on representing nonprofit and tax exempt organizations, including forming tax-exempt organizations, preparing organizational documents and policies, preparing applications for federal and state tax exemptions, and advising on issues regarding the operation, management, and taxation of tax-exempt organizations. Her practice also includes addressing sophisticated tax issues.
Amy is involved in her local community through her volunteer work, with a particular focus on serving children and teens in the foster care system. Prior to attending law school, Amy was an elementary school teacher with the Garland Independent School District.
- J.D., with highest honors, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2011
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, 2004
- Mendrygal Law, PLLC (2016-Present)
- Baker Botts LLP, Houston (2012-2014)
- Haynes and Boone, LLP, Dallas (2011-2012)
- Love Fosters Hope, Volunteer
- Woodsedge Community Church, Member and Volunteer
"Mendrygal Law is THE go-to resource for all things related to nonprofit law and compliance. Danika and her team have mastered the unique combination of technical acumen and realistic understanding of what nonprofits can manage. They are a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend them to anyone in the nonprofit field."
-Tanya McDonald, Vice-Chair, United to Learn, and Co-Founder, It’s Lonely at the Top!